Shaw Healthcare are recruiting for a Concierge to deliver the highest possible standards of cleanliness and tidiness within the centre, causing minimal disruption to Service Users and their care. Ensure that the Service User’s right to privacy and choice is respected at all times in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness'.
Essential Skills & Duties of a Concierge:
In order to facilitate multi-skilling for this post, it is likely that the job holder will be called on to carry out the following duties:
- Support with preparation of meals, drinks, menu planning, food hygiene and taking food where required. (Time Limited)
- Support with personal laundry/removal of domestic waste
- Check safety and security of home as tenant arriving and leaving
- Assistance with shopping lists and shopping porterage
- Assistance in using restaurant and obtaining cooked meals and light refreshments.
- Room Service
- Assist with arranging Taxi’s, delivery of newspapers and post
- Assist in the preparation of meals as directed by the Cook.
- Dependant on shift, prepare and serve suppers to Service Users according to the menus and as directed by the Cook.
- As directed by the Cook/Scheme Manager undertake restaurant cashier duties.
- Ensure that all cleaning schedules, monitoring and recording is carried out as directed by the Cook.
- Maintain effective communication with Care Staff, Service Users and visitors and respond to the needs of Service Users.
- Advise the Cook of all aspects of catering maintenance requirements.
- Provide sufficient supplies of clean crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils for each meal service.
You may be required to undertake any other duties as requested by your Manager.
We do not ask for any formal qualifications or experience of working as a concierge, although having previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage. You will be at the very heart of our industry, so you are expected to be reliable, dependable and committed to make a difference to our service.
As the role involves working with vulnerable people, including delivering personal care and support of an intimate nature, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing and Disclosure and Barring Service check.