Cook PART TIME at Homefield House
Shaw healthcare are currently recruiting for a Cook to deliver a quality of food preparation and delivery to our service users in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness', from within our Kitchen.
You will work under the direction of the Senior Cook/ Home Manager and together with the Catering Team to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
Hours: 20.5 per week (opportunity of overtime when the head Cook is on holiday)
Shift pattern: 4 week rota - including alternative weekends:
- Week 1 & 3 Monday/Saturday/Sunday,
- Week 2 & 4 Thursday/ Friday
Shift times: 8:30am - 5:15pm with 1/2 hour lunch break.
Essential Skills & Duties of a Cook:
- Experience of producing freshly prepared ‘Home Cooked’ Recipes is essential.
- A relevant qualification i.e. NVQ Level 1/2, City & Guilds 706/1 & 706/2 is desirable, however, if you do not hold any of these we will provide a tailored training package to further develop your skills.
- Assisting in planning and cooking a varied and nutritious diet within provided budgets, whilst taking into account dietary needs of our service users;
- The ability to effectively communicate with our care team, service users, and visitors;
- Maintain a high standard of food hygiene and food safety to ensure all controls, recording and monitoring required by HACCP, are carried out effectively;
This role includes;
- Day shifts only (no nights)
- No split shifts
- Every other weekend off
As the role involves working with vulnerable people your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing and Disclosure and Barring Service check.
About the Company
Why Shaw healthcare?
We are one of the UKs leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees who stay with Shaw healthcare. They enable a high level of continuity of care for our service users. Continuing relationships between our employees and service users and their families are fundamental to the quality of the care we provide, and we recognise this in our Employee of the Month programme, local Shining Stars and our famous Annual Star Awards.
What we offer
Shaw healthcare offer comprehensive training via our Learning & Development Department.
What benefits will I receive?
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit programme, which includes:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid annual leave - 20 days per year plus Bank Holidays
- Corporate 2 day induction and mandatory training e.g. moving and handling
- Nest pension scheme
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Free Parking
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Biannual incentive scheme
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities
- Employee assistance program to all contracted staff including face to face counselling