Credit Control Administrator (Supported Living)
Shaw healthcare are looking for a Credit Control Administrator (Supported Living) to join the Finance team based in our Head Office in St Mellons, Cardiff.
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: Up to £19,000 per annum, depending on experience
Reporting to the Assistant Income & Credit Manager your objectives will be:
- To provide financial support and benefit advice to Case Managers and tenants of the Supported Living Services.
- To manage the data on Supported Living Services (SLS) including the Extra Care Schemes, ensuring all recharges are made accurately and on time.
- To assist the Income & Credit Manager in maintaining a minimum level of Domiciliary Care & Supported Living Service debt.
- At all times to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients and to work to the highest standards in all KPI’s.
Supported Living Services - Financial Support and Benefits Advice:
1. In liaison with the Case Manager, to establish each tenant’s position regarding bank accounts and financial appointees, IMCA’s etc
2. To follow up until successfully completed all applications for Benefit payments, Community Grant payments, Council Tax exemptions, new bank account applications or any other matter relating to the efficient management of tenant finances and the prompt payment of accommodation charges.
3. To constantly review up to date legislation relating to various Benefit payments e.g. Disability Living Allowance or Independent Living Fund.
Management of the Supported Living Services database (including Extra Care):
4. To ensure the information held on the SLS is accurate for example:
a. By correctly identifying the various tenant charges.
b. By liaising with Case Mangers or Scheme Managers to ensure that any adjustments required to the information held on the database are implemented (such as changes in funding, commencements or terminations).
5. To ensure that all payments received are accurately posted to tenant accounts
6. To ensure that all invoices and statements are submitted accurately and on time.
7. To manage the Direct Debit process for all residents.
8. Each week to review and identify any missing contracts or purchase orders, log this data and chase as required.
9. To maintain an ongoing reconciliation of any communal service charges such as communal gas or electricity, and as required producing a report confirming what additional charges need to be collected or what payments are to be refunded.
10. To ensure that all relevant data is scanned and filed as necessary.
- Submission of all domiciliary care invoices as required.
- To manage the credit controls function for all recharges in conjunction with the Assistant Income & Credit Manager and the Income & Credit Manager.
To manage the debtors position for all Extra Care Scheme (including any Domiciliary Care Charges) and SLS debtors position by:
a. Identifying debtors via reviewing the master debtors report each week and action as required.
b. Updating the master debtors report and SLS with all actions taken.
c. Reporting to the Income & Credit Manager any disputed or difficult to collect arrears.
- Review of welfare benefits of known customers – take remedial action if necessary. Also review customer balances and take action if necessary.
- In conjunction with fee colleagues complete any tasks required in relation to the Finance Admission Protocol, supporting both payers and the Home Manager’s with all new and existing self-funding market bed placements.
- On a weekly basis review the MA debt report for the board debtors and report any issues to the Income & Credit Manager.
- To ensure the Poole block bed invoices are submitted correctly and on time, and to action any queries that may arise or any adjustments that may be required. This to include checking all occupancy data across the block beds for accuracy.
- To assist Case Managers and Scheme Managers in any way to aid them in the performance of their duties.
- On a quarterly basis to review and amend the Income and Credit Control policy & procedure folder as necessary, reflecting any changes that have occurred.
- As required to visit various Care Homes as specified and assist with carrying out internal audit procedures under the direction of a senior auditor.
- Deal with day-to-day queries from Home Managers, Relatives, Current and Prospective tenants and any others that may arise.
- To carry out for the Income & Credit Manager and Financial Controller any other duties as required.
- To develop and maintain close and effective working relationships with colleagues across the company.
Health and Safety
- At all times to take personal responsibility for all health and safety matters in the working environment.
About the Company
Why Shaw healthcare?
Shaw healthcare provides a high standard of health and social care in services across England, Wales and Scotland. Our high quality care and support services places the individual at the centre of all we do and is based on our core values of wellness, happiness and kindness. We are unique as a major healthcare provider in being 86% owned by employees and 14% owned by The Shaw Foundation, a grant making charity.