Bank Chef at Sycamore Lodge
Weekly Hours: 0-hour contract
Salary (£): £10.67 per hour
- Full paid induction programme
- Employee Ownership Trust
- Work towards a QCF qualification and excellent development/promotion opportunities
- Our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours) inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Pension scheme
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee Assistance Programme to all contracted staff including face to face counselling.
Shaw Healthcare is one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees and it is our ethos to put people first by involving our people in key decision-making. We are the only employee ownership trust within the healthcare sector.
This means that Shaw is 51% owned by its staff.
We are looking for a creative professional Chef with excellent leadership skills. You will be passionate about cooking and the people you are cooking for, as well as driving the development of your team.
Our kitchen provides for elderly individuals who often have special diet and nutritional needs. As a Shaw Healthcare chef, you will be able to cater for this kind of clientele on a large scale. You will have knowledge of healthcare catering and a willingness to enhance this crucial and specialised skill.
What does the role involve?
You will liaise with our Home Manager, Nutritional Therapist and staff to ensure high-quality fresh, home-cooked food is provided every day. You will also establish a rapport with our residents and their families in order to satisfy their dietary needs. You will be responsible for:
- Planning and producing a rotating four-week menu cycle, within the catering budget.
- Preparing, cooking and serving meals for residents and others as required, in a timely manner.
- Providing a varied diet, catering for the cultural preferences of those who use our services.
- Catering for celebrations and other events in our Home.
- Ordering supplies within the catering budget and company policy guidelines, using approved suppliers.
- Maintaining accurate catering records in accordance with HACCP.
- Participating in inspections by Environmental Health and/or CQC and Local Authorities.
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene within the kitchen by adhering to HACCP and COSHH guidelines.
- Assisting in the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by ensuring adherence to Health & Safety and Welfare.
- Ability to manage the Catering Team.
The Ideal Candidate
What skills do I need?
- Positive and motivated nature
- Creative and flexible catering skills
- The ability to lead, nurture, train and develop a team
- A sociable and caring personality, with the ability to build a positive relationship with the people we are catering and caring for
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- The ability to prioritise and organise work appropriately
- Excellent time management
- Attention to detail
- A professional and neat appearance