Bank Chef needed at Orchard House
To join the Shaw healthcare team you need to have received your first COVID-19 vaccination, unless you are medically exempt and can provide evidence of your exemption in our interview process.
Weekly Hours: 0hr Contract
Shift Pattern *: If/when Required
*Day shifts only and no Split Shifts.
Salary (£): 9.30
We are looking for a creative professional Chef with excellent leadership skills. You will be passionate about cooking and the people you are cooking for, as well as driving the development of your team.
Our kitchen provides for elderly individuals who often have special diet and nutritional needs. As a Shaw Healthcare chef, you will be able to cater for this kind of clientele on a large scale. You will have knowledge of healthcare catering and a willingness to enhance this crucial and specialised skill.
What does the role involve?
You will liaise with our Home Manager, Nutritional Therapist and staff to ensure high-quality fresh, home-cooked food is provided every day. You will also establish a rapport with our residents and their families in order to satisfy their dietary needs. You will be responsible for:
- Planning and producing a rotating four-week menu cycle, within the catering budget.
- Preparing, cooking and serving meals for residents and others as required, in a timely manner.
- Providing a varied diet, catering for the cultural preferences of those who use our services.
- Catering for celebrations and other events in our Home.
- Ordering supplies within the catering budget and company policy guidelines, using approved suppliers.
- Maintaining accurate catering records in accordance with HACCP.
- Participating in inspections by Environmental Health and/or CQC and Local Authorities.
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene within the kitchen by adhering to HACCP and COSHH guidelines.
- Assisting in the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by ensuring adherence to Health & Safety and Welfare.
- Ability to manage the Catering Team.
The Ideal Candidate
What skills do I need?
- Positive and motivated nature
- Creative and flexible catering skills
- The ability to lead, nurture, train and develop a team
- A sociable and caring personality, with the ability to build a positive relationship with the people we are catering and caring for
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- The ability to prioritise and organise work appropriately
- Excellent time management
- Attention to detail
- A professional and neat appearance