Bank Senior Support Worker (Nights)
Our Senior Support Workers deliver a high quality of care and support to our service users in line with our core values of 'Wellness, Happiness, and Kindness'. We believe that these should be present in all we do, both for employees and those who use our services. Our vision is to provide the quality of care that we would want for our own loved ones.
You will work together with, mentor, and coach the team in ways which ensure good practices are developed and maintained within the Service, and that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
Do I need previous experience…?
Experience in a care setting is essential for this role; preferably you will be QCF/NVQ Level 2 or above qualified in Health and Social Care.
The Ideal Candidate
The skills you’ll need
- Be able to provide the Support Workers with the direction, leadership, guidance and support they need to ensure residents they are assigned to receive person centred care in line with their individual needs.
- You will ensure residents are given choices in their personal care, and that all care delivered is documented and up to date on the care plans. You will support their well-being through observation and empathy by responding to their needs.
- A good understanding of the disabilities, health and social care needs of our service users and assist those who have mobility or continence needs, using the appropriate aids and equipment.
- A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support in-line with each of our residents support guidelines.
- Communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues.
- Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills.
- You will be at the very heart of our industry, so you will need to be reliable, dependable and committed to make a difference to our service.
As the role requires work with vulnerable people and delivering personal care and support, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including references and a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
About the Company
Why Shaw healthcare?
We are one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees who stay with Shaw healthcare. They enable a high level of continuity of care for our service users. Continuing relationships between our employees and service users and their families are fundamental to the quality of the care we provide.
We recognise this in our Employee of the Month programme, local Shining Stars and our famous Annual Star Awards. We also provide an Annual Loyalty Bonus Scheme with a bonus of an additional weeks pay, at the end of a completed year, based on your average pay over the year - and our unique biannual incentive scheme paid to all staff in our services that meet our high quality standards.
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit package, which includes:
- The Annual Loyalty Bonus
- Our Service Incentive Scheme Bonus
- Full paid induction programme
- Work towards a QCF qualification and excellent development/promotion opportunities
- Our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours) inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Child care vouchers
- Pension scheme
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee Assistance Programme to all contracted staff including face to face counselling