Shaw Healthcare are looking for individuals with a positive and caring attitude to join the team as Care Assistants at our Sycamore Lodge Service based in Wraxall, North Somerset, 6 miles West of Bristol. It is a large 78 bed residential service which provides care for residents with dementia and general nursing needs. Experience is not essential, as we will support you with all the training and support you’ll need to do the job, what is important is that you are a caring, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual. If you are passionate about making a difference and want to find out more information please contact Millie Haines, Deputy Service Manager on 01275858000.
If transport is an issue we provide a free bus which picks up and drops off at the following locations: Bristol Bus Station, Long Ashton, Clevedon, Cox garage in Hartcliffe and Asda in Bedminster.
£9.99 per hour
Day shifts 6 or 12 hours available per day start at 07:45-14:00, or 07:45-20:15 (12 to 36 hours per week)
- Full paid induction programme
- Employee Ownership Trust
- Work towards a QCF qualification and excellent development/promotion opportunities
- Our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours) inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Pension scheme
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee Assistance Programme to all contracted staff including face to face counselling.
Shaw Healthcare is one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees and it is our ethos to put people first by involving our people in key decision-making. We are the only employee ownership trust within the healthcare sector.
This means that Shaw is 51% owned by its staff.
- Providing help with personal care such as washing, bathing and dressing.
- Support at meal times
- Promoting independence where possible
- Emotional support and wellbeing
- Undertake planned activities with residents
- Update daily logs, including food and fluid intake charts
The Ideal Candidate
It doesn't matter about your experience, if you want to help people there's a career opportunity for you in Shaw healthcare. What matters are your personal values. We will provide you with the training you need, including Induction, the Care Certificate and ongoing development and progression.
- Kind, calm and friendly attitude who has good values.
- Good sense of humour and a willingness to help others.
- Aspiration to learn new skills and progress your career.
- A passion to support individuals to lead an active, enjoyable and independent life.