Care Home Service Manager
Shaw healthcare are recruiting for a Service Manager for our Homefield House to deliver a quality of care and support to our service users in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness'. You will work together with your colleagues to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
Homefield House is a 24 bedded service providing Nursing/Residential and Respite care to our services users, service is situated in a semi-rural location at Park Pruitt on the outskirts of Basingstoke.
Homefield House is rated GOOD with CQC
- To utilise authentic leadership, role modelling and inspirational skills to motivate the team to deliver excellent quality of care
- To become the person in charge responsible for the day-to-day running of the Service with 24 hour responsibility for the care of the Service Users.
- To manage the effective use of resources, including the financial performance of the Service, and maintain high levels of occupancy.
- To provide improvement, independence and choice for Service Users.
- To comply with all regulatory and legislative requirements at all times and in particular the CQC and CSSIW for the Registration and Inspection of Nursing Homes and NMC guidelines.
- To promote the Equality and Diversity of Service Users living and staff working in the environment
- To build the reputation of the Service
- To be a good role model for all employees, being approachable and providing a regular presence and visibility with all levels of employees as well as being consistent in all actions and decisions.
- To set and maintain clear standards of care within the Service in line with Shaw healthcare’s Vision “To provide the quality of care we would want for our loved ones”, policies and procedures.
- To ensure that employee selection processes are applied thoroughly and that all candidates are treated professionally and that successful candidates are ‘onboarded’ fully and comprehensively
- To develop a culture of continuous quality improvement, using the framework of clinical governance
- To conduct regular reviews with new employees during their probationary period in addition to a six month review to confirm the appointment or extend the probation.
- To ensure all employees are effectively supervised as per policy and annually appraised and that the required standards of performance are being achieved using the approved tools provided.
- To ensure that employees are mentored effectively to succeed in their roles
- To ensure complaints and suggestions are positively actioned and dealt with correctly, within the prescribed timescales.
- To lead culture change; build and sustain employee engagement and increase retention among workforce
- To lead and deliver the recruitment strategy and ensure the appointment, mentoring and development of individuals with matching values to the Service
- To develop a culture where training is embedded in everyday practice through the appropriate training being requested; encouraging and enabling attendance; briefing teams on training goals; coaching and delivery of effective supervisions and appraisals
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate would have previous experience as a service manager or deputy manager looking for their first managers post.
What benefits will I receive?
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit programme, which includes:
· Full paid induction programme
· Excellent rates of pay
· Paid annual leave – 28 Days per year inclusive of Bank Holidays
· Discounted Meals while on Shift
· Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £600)
· Pension scheme
· Excellent development and promotion opportunities
· Retail discounts and vouchers
· Holiday discounts
· Online benefits and cashback rewards
Why Shaw healthcare?
Shaw healthcare provides a high standard of health and social care in services across England, Wales and Scotland. Our high quality care and support services places the individual at the centre of all we do and is based on our core values of wellness, happiness and kindness. We are unique as a major healthcare provider in being 86% owned by employees and 14% owned by The Shaw Foundation, a grant making charity.