Catering Assistant at Millvina House in Anfield, Liverpool
Can you fly as high as a Liver Bird?
Can you make a positive difference to people living with dementia?
Come and talk to us.
Liverpool City Council and Shaw healthcare are now working in partnership to dramatically improve services for people with dementia. Two new flagship Dementia Care Hubs will provide the best quality and state-of-the art accommodation and care for people living with dementia and others with long term residential and nursing care needs.
Shaw healthcare were chosen for this project because of our high quality nursing and residential care and our focus on developing our people to manage and deliver care. We keep the individual at the centre of all we do in delivering our core values of Wellness, Happiness and Kindness. Together we will provide our high level service and deliver these innovative Community Care Hubs for the people that require a little bit of extra care and support.
We are now Recruiting for Full* and Part Time Catering Assistants to join our Hub based in Anfield and to be a part in delivering this exceptional service – opening Autumn 2019.
*35 hours per week
You will work under the direction of the Cook to work together as a Catering Team to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
What will I be doing?
- All aspects of supporting the cook with serving food and drink to service users and others as directed by the Cook;
- Ensuring the cleanliness of food preparation areas and its equipment whilst adhering to all legislative requirements in respect of Health & Safety;
- Provide sufficient supplies of clean crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils for each meal service;
- Use all cleaning materials as directed, paying particular attention to COSHH regulated products;
- The ability to effectively communicate with care staff, service users and visitors; Ensuring that HSSCP documentation is completed daily
As the role involves working with vulnerable people your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing and Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The Ideal Candidate
It is essential you are reliable, responsible, possess excellent English language skills, have good communication skills, enjoy catering, have good customer service, be flexible, friendly and hardworking.
We do not ask for previous experience, although experience in a similar catering role would be an advantage. With regular work patterns, and of course we do operate 7 days a week, 365 days a year so you will need to be flexible with you hours of work, as well as your attitude and approach.
The role will include working alternative weekends.
About the Company
Why Shaw healthcare?
We are one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees who stay with Shaw healthcare. They enable a high level of continuity of care for our service users. Continuing relationships between our employees and service users and their families are fundamental to the quality of the care we provide.
We recognise this in our Employee of the Month programme, local Shining Stars and our famous Annual Star Awards, and our unique biannual incentive scheme paid to all staff in our services that meet our high quality standards.
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit package, which includes:
- Our Service Incentive Scheme Bonus
- Full paid induction programme
- Our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours) inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Pension scheme
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee Assistance Programme to all contracted staff including face to face counselling