Catering Assistant at Petersfield
To join the Shaw healthcare team you need to have received your first COVID-19 vaccination, unless you are medically exempt and can provide evidence of your exemption in our interview process.
Position: Fixed Term Catering Assistant (3 months)
Hours: 16 hours per week
Shift Pattern …. No split shifts! :
Salary (£): 9.00
- Full paid induction programme
- Employee Ownership Trust
- Work towards a QCF qualification and excellent development/promotion opportunities
- Our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours) inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Pension scheme
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee Assistance Programme to all contracted staff including face to face counselling.
Shaw Healthcare is one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees and it is our ethos to put people first by involving our people in key decision-making. We are the only employee ownership trust within the healthcare sector.
This means that Shaw is 51% owned by its staff.
You will work under the direction of the Cook to work together as a Catering Team to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
- Assist chef with food preparation
- Independently prepare hot meals/sandwiches for residents
- Load and unload dishwasher, wash up equipment unsuitable for dishwasher
- Clean kitchen and equipment
- Collect and distribute crockery from/to the care floors
- Clear tea trolleys where applicable
- Empty kitchen rubbish and keep areas clear of refuse
- Maintain a clean and hygienic environment
- Carry out reasonable requests, as instructed by the Senior Chef/Chef
- Ensure that the nutritional needs of residents are met
- Ensure compliance with the Health & Safety Policy and Regulations