Clinical Lead at Figbury Lodge
Clinical Lead at Figbury Lodge
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Shaw healthcare is recruiting for a Clinical Lead for our new 80 bedded care home with state of the art facilities. Figbury Lodge, in Canford Heath, 20 of these beds are for residents who require nursing care.
You will report into the Registered Manager, playing an important part of the onsite clinical and management team. You will support the manager in leading and supervising a large staff team to deliver the highest standards of care. This role is central in maintaining and further developing our care principles, which centre on 'wellness, happiness, and kindness'. You will work with the local community, GP's and professionals to deliver care that truly enables residents to continue to lead as full a life as possible.
- To assist the Service Manager in providing leadership to staff in order to deliver the highest possible quality of care within a safe working and living environment
- To lead the nursing teams to provide high quality, person centred care and support in way which promotes: dignity; privacy; safety and independence and which promotes equality & diversity for everyone living and working in the Service.
- To support the Service Manager to manage the effective use of resources, including those which impact on the financial performance of the Service, and maintain high levels of occupancy.
- To comply with all regulatory and legislative requirements at all times.
- To ensure the smooth and effective running of the transitional unit within the home and liaise with external health professionals.
- To provide Clinical Leadership and supervision within the Service
- Will have full accountability for Infection Control implementation and audit throughput the service.
- To be a good role model for all employees, being approachable and providing a regular presence and visibility with all levels of employees.
- To monitor and maintain standards of nursing and care provision within the Service in line with Shaw healthcare’s Vision “To provide the quality of care we would want for our loved ones”; policies and procedures.
- To effectively manage the transitional unit and ensure that the admissions and discharges are as per the contract and liaise with external Health professionals.
- To support the Service Manager with recruitment activities and to support new employees to be ‘onboarded’ fully and comprehensively
- To conduct regular reviews with new employees during their probationary period.
- To ensure all employees are effectively supervised as per policy and annually appraised and that the required standards of performance are being achieved using the approved tools provided.
- To ensure that all employees are mentored effectively to succeed in their roles and that mentors are appropriately briefed, trained and directed.
- To ensure complaints and suggestions are positively actioned and dealt with correctly, within the prescribed timescales.
- To support the Service Manager to achieve culture change and build and sustain employee engagement.
- In the absence of the Service Manager, to provide robust leadership within the Service and to escalate, without delay, issues which require more Senior support.
The Ideal Candidate
- To understand the legal requirements of the prevailing care and other relevant legislation and ensure the Unit complies; sharing best practice with other Unit Managers appropriately.
- To have a full understanding and working knowledge of all Shaw healthcare policies and procedures and ensure that all these policies are applied at all times.
- To ensure that the rota complies with the staffing ratio, meets the needs of the Service Users and that additional resources are not used without appropriate planning and authorisation.
- To be aware of the statutory obligations and understand how the Service meets them (e.g. environmental health, health and safety).
- To liaise effectively with Central Support Services, building good working relationships, as required for the good operation of the Service.
- To work as the infection control lead for the whole home and work with both internal and external partners to ensure high standards are adhered to.
- To ensure the security and confidentially of records and information relating to the Unit.
About the Company
As well as a rewarding role we offer great rates of pay Shaw healthcare’s Registered Nurses enjoy a wide variety of benefits including:
- 35 days annual leave
- Company Maternity Pay (after a qualifying period)
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Individual Training Voucher allowance of £350 for your PDP
- Regular Clinical Supervision
- Regional Nurse Forums and online Groups
- Support with NMC Revalidation
- Individualised professional development programmes
- Refer a Friend Scheme of up to £1,000
- Retail/Leisure/Holiday and travel discounts
- Paid DBS check