Do you enjoy helping others and making a significant difference to someone’s life? If you do, then a support worker career could be for you!
It doesn't matter about your experience, if you want to help people there's a career opportunity for you in Shaw healthcare. What matters are your personal values. We will provide you with the training you need, including Induction, the Care Certificate and ongoing development and progression.
Our Support Workers deliver a high quality of care and support to our service users in line with our core values of 'Wellness, Happiness, and Kindness'. We believe that these should be present in all we do, both for employees and those who use our services. Our vision is to provide the quality of care that we would want for our own loved ones. You will work together with our team to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
We are currently recruiting for a Community Living Support Worker to work in Delphis Court our supported living service in Poole. You will work together with our team to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met, by supporting with tasks such as;
- Medication – this could be prompting or administering medication;
- Meal Preparation;
- Prompting with personal care;
- Accompanying to medical appointments if needed;
- Support with light household duties, including laundry, shopping and cleaning;
- Building links in the community.
This position includes working alternate weekends
The Ideal Candidate
The skills you’ll need
- A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support in line with each of our residents support guidelines.
- Communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues, taking part in social activities and promoting their independence and dignity.
- Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills.
- Good understanding of the disabilities, health and social care needs of our service users and assist those who have mobility or continence needs, using the appropriate aids and equipment.
- Provide appropriate levels of care and support to ensure that personal hygiene needs are met, (washing, dressing, bathing, using the toilet).
As the role requires work with vulnerable people and delivering personal care and support, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including references and a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
*As this role involves travelling in the community, having your own transport is desirable
If you are starting or returning to a career in care we will support you with an apprenticeship.
About the Company
Why Shaw healthcare?
We are one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees who stay with Shaw healthcare. They enable a high level of continuity of care for our service users. Continuing relationships between our employees and service users and their families are fundamental to the quality of the care we provide.
We recognise this in our Employee of the Month programme, local Shining Stars and our famous Annual Star Awards. We also provide an Annual Loyalty Bonus Scheme with a bonus of an additional weeks pay, at the end of a completed year, based on your average pay over the year - and our unique biannual incentive scheme paid to all staff in our services that meet our high quality standards.
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit package, which includes:
- The Annual Loyalty Bonus
- Our Service Incentive Scheme Bonus
- Full paid induction programme
- Work towards a QCF qualification and excellent development/promotion opportunities
- Our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Child care vouchers
- Pension scheme
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee Assistance Programme to all contracted staff including face to face counselling