Domestic Assistant Part time Days at Lancum House
Shaw healthcare are recruiting for a Domestic Assistant to assist in the quality of care and support to our service users in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness'. You will work hard to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
Essential Skills & Duties of a Domestic Assistant:
- The ability to maintain high standards of cleanliness and tidiness of the service and Laundry causing minimal disruption to our services users and their care;
- You will use a variety of cleaning products paying particular attention to COSHH regulated products;
- Be able to communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues, good interpersonal and working relationship skills are essential;
- It is essential to be Health and Safety aware, to ensure the safety of our services users and colleagues.
We do not ask for experience of working in a similar role before, although having previous experience in a busy environment as a cleaner or domestic assistant would be an advantage. As the role involves working with vulnerable people your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing and Disclosure and Barring Service check.
About the Company
What benefits will I receive?
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit programme, which includes:
- Full paid induction programme
- DBS check
- Paid annual leave
- Child care vouchers
- Biannual incentive scheme
- Pension scheme
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities
- Work towards a QCF qualification
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Excellent rates of pay
- Employee assistance program to all contracted staff including face to face counselling
Why Shaw healthcare? Shaw healthcare provides a high standard of health and social care in services across England, Wales and Scotland. Our high quality care and support services places the individual at the centre of all we do and is based on our core values of wellness, happiness and kindness. We are unique as a major healthcare provider in being 86% owned by employees and 14% owned by The Shaw Foundation, a grant making charity.