Domestic Assistant at Ledbury Nursing Home
Shaw Healthcare are looking for a Domestic Assistant with a positive and caring attitude to join the team at our Ledbury Nursing home based in Ledbury.
To join the Saw healthcare team you need to have received your first COVID-19 vaccination, unless you are medically exempt and can provide evidence of your exemption in our interview process.
Position: Domestic Assistant
Weekly Hours: 25hrs a week
Shift Pattern: TBC
Salary (£): 9.00
- Full paid induction programme
- Employee Ownership Trust
- Work towards a QCF qualification and excellent development/promotion opportunities
- Our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours) inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Pension scheme
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee Assistance Programme to all contracted staff including face to face counselling.
Shaw Healthcare is one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees and it is our ethos to put people first by involving our people in key decision-making. We are the only employee ownership trust within the healthcare sector.
This means that Shaw is 51% owned by its staff.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our nursing, dementia and residential home working within our busy domestic team.
You will work as part of a great team and be making a difference to our residents by providing an excellent standard of service within the home.
- Clean and sanitize rooms including furnishings in assigned work areas
- The ability to maintain high standards of cleanliness and tidiness of the service and Laundry causing minimal disruption to our services users and their care
- Be able to communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues, good interpersonal and working relationship skills are essential
- Will need to demonstrate the ability to work without direct supervision
- You will use a variety of cleaning products paying particular attention to COSHH regulated products
- You will have the ability to work on your own initiative and be able to maintain high level of hygiene within the home
We do not ask for experience of working in a similar role before, although having previous experience in a busy environment as a cleaner or domestic assistant would be an advantage