Shaw Healthcare are currently recruiting for a Domestic Supervisor. You will preferably have experience of working in a busy environment as a housekeeper or a similar role. You will be working in an environment that supports vulnerable people, so it’s important that you have some experience of working with and/or spending time with older people so that you understand their needs. You will carry out a variety of cleaning tasks throughout the home doing whatever is required to maintain the highest level of standards whilst supervising the domestic staff.
What will I be doing?
- To arrange allocation of work and duties for all cleaning staff and to ensure adequate staffing at all times.
- Devise cleaning schedules and schedules for periodic cleaning in conjunction with the Service Manager.
- Record cleaning frequencies, ie daily, weekly, periodic.
- Control the issue and use of all cleaning products.
- Supervise the safe use of all COSHH regulated products and ensure up to date COSHH assessment forms are readily available.
- Ensure you supervise and develop all Domestic Staff
- Monitor cleaning and Health & Safety standards. Take remedial action as necessary.
- Ensure that all controls, recording and monitoring procedures are in place as advised by the, Service Manager, Facilities Manager or Regional Manage are carried out effectively.
- Maintain effective communication with Care Staff, residents and visitors and respond to the needs of the residents
- Maintain all electrical equipment in good and clean working order, reporting defects as they occur
- Liaise with the Service Manager on all aspects of redecoration, maintenance requirements etc.
- Maintain stock levels of cleaning and laundry materials and paper goods and order as necessary through the service Manager. Maintain and operate the stock control systems properly.
- Advise the Service Manager and Care Staff on aspects of cleaning, eg spillages.
- To understand your role in infection control and in reducing and managing these risks by implementing Shaw policies and Best Practice guidelines
About the Company
What we offer
Shaw healthcare offer comprehensive training via our Learning & Development Department.
What benefits will I receive?
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit programme, which includes:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid annual leave – 28 days per year inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Corporate 2 day induction and mandatory training e.g. moving and handling
- Nest pension scheme
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Child care vouchers
- Biannual incentive scheme
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities
- Work towards a QCF qualification
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback reward including Employee assistance program to all contracted staff including face to face counselling
Why Shaw healthcare?
Shaw healthcare provides a high standard of health and social care in services across England, Wales and Scotland. Our high quality care and support services places the individual at the centre of all we do and is based on our core values of wellness, happiness and kindness. We are unique as a major healthcare provider with 86% of the business owned by the employees and 14% owned by The Shaw Foundation, a grant making charity.