Shaw healthcare are recruiting for a Driver to deliver an outstanding service in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness and kindness'.
As the role involves working with vulnerable people, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre - employment checks including referencing and Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Essential Skills & Duties of a Driver (DRV):
- Provide transportation for employees and service users of the service.
- To have an effective and full DVLA vehicle licence, for the category of vehicle being driven.
- To provide a high quality service.
- To welcome and be courteous to all who use the service.
- Ensure the safety of passengers and the vehicle.
- To collect day and deliver employees at the agreed times, to the agreed collection and departure points.
- To ensure that at all times the vehicle is in a safe and roadworthy condition and to immediately report any vehicle defects to the Manager.
- To undertake daily vehicle safety and condiions checks, to include, lights, tyre conditions and pressure, oil and coolant levels, seat beats, washers and wipers.
- To always drive safely, observing all traffic and speed regulations.
- To ensure that the vehicle is taxed and has a current MOT certificate.
- To report any matterns of concern to the Manager.
- Promptly report any accidents, adverse incidents or observations of injury, and report to the Manager any incidents or accidents relating to use of the vehicle.
- Understand your role by implementing Shaw policies and Best Practice guidelines.
- To attend staff meetings as required by the Manager.
- To ensure that all complaints which you may receive are reported to the Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
Do I need previous experience…?
We do not ask for any formal qualifications or experience of working in care before as a full induction and training will be provided, although having previous experience in a similar role would be desirable. You will be at the very heart of our industry, so you are expected to be reliable, dependable and committed to make a difference to our service.
About the Company
What benefits will I receive?
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit programme, which includes:
- Full paid induction programme
- DBS check
- Paid annual leave
- Child care vouchers
- Quarterly incentive scheme
- Pension scheme
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities
- Work towards a QCF qualification
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Excellent rates of pay
- Employee assistance program to all contracted staff including face to face counselling
Why Shaw healthcare?
Shaw healthcare provides a high standard of health and social care in services across England, Wales and Scotland. Our high quality care and support services places the individual at the centre of all we do and is based on our core values of wellness, happiness and kindness. We are unique as a major healthcare provider in being 86% owned by employees and 14% owned by The Shaw Foundation, a grant making charity.