Maintenance Operative - 15 Hours Per Week At Homefield House
Shaw healthcare are recruiting a motivated and reliable handyperson to work alongside the staff team to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met. You will be a skilled and have experience in various areas of maintenance or handy work, and be able to turn your hand to any task required of you, by your Manager, within your sphere of responsibility to meet our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness'.
Essential Skills & Duties of a Maintenance Operative
- Provide effective and reliable maintenance, odd job, bedroom and communal redecoration and minor repair service to the designated home(s) to a high standard in a timely manner;
- Report with confidence to the Home Manager and carry out inspections to identify maintenance or repairs requiring attention;
- Complete weekly and daily routine checks on fire testing, water temperature testing, and maintenance of grounds including gardening work
- Maintain effective communication and be courteous with residents, care staff and visitors
- It is essential to be Health and Safety aware, to ensure the safety of our services users and colleagues.
As a Handyperson you will be required to work with a wide range of equipment and chemicals so it's important that you can stick to rules and safety instructions. The Handyperson will need to be extremely careful with tools and equipment making sure nothing poses a risk to the service users, staff and visitors.
As the role involves working with vulnerable people your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing and Disclosure and Barring Service check.
About the Company
What we offer
Shaw healthcare offer comprehensive training via our Learning & Development Department.
What benefits will I receive? Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit programme, which includes:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid annual leave - 20 days per year plus Bank Holidays
- Corporate 2 day induction and mandatory training e.g. moving and handling
- Nest pension scheme
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Free Parking
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities
- Work towards a QCF qualification
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee assistance program to all contracted staff including face to face counselling
Why Shaw healthcare?
Shaw healthcare provides a high standard of health and social care in services across England, Wales and Scotland. Our high quality care and support services places the individual at the centre of all we do and is based on our core values of wellness, happiness and kindness. We are unique as a major healthcare provider with 86% of the business owned by the employees and 14% owned by The Shaw Foundation, a grant making charity.