Night Team Leader at The Martlets
Shaw Healthcare are recruiting for a Residential Care Team Leader to join our The Martlets service.
Location: Fairlands, East Preston, West Sussex, BN16 1HS
Hours per week: 42
Shifts Pattern: 20:00-08:00, including alternate weekends
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit package, which includes:
- Full paid induction programme
- Employee Ownership Trust
- Work towards a QCF qualification and excellent development/promotion opportunities
- Our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours) inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Pension scheme
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee Assistance Programme to all contracted staff including face to face counselling
Shaw Healthcare is one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees and it is our ethos to put people first by involving our people in key decision-making. We are the only employee ownership trust within the healthcare sector.
This means that Shaw is 51% owned by its staff.
- Develop and implement personalised and person-centred care plans.
- Continuously assess, implement and evaluate residents care.
- Maintain professional conduct at all times.
- Adopt safe working practices in accordance with health & safety guidelines.
- Must meet the minimum CQC standards and maintain professional CQC relationship.
- Ensure personal development (continuous) and mandatory training is kept up to date.
- Set and maintain the highest standard of care in the service
- Support and Mentor your team of care staff and guide them to provide the best positive outcomes for our residents.
The Ideal Candidate
The skills you’ll need
To join us as a Team Leader, you’ll need previous experience working with older people in residential care. You will need to be flexible, patient, caring, organised and great with people. You will have strong communication skills both verbally and in writing and also will have completed or working towards your QCF 3 in Health and Social Care (or equivalent).
It will be your responsibility to build strong relationships with all those around you, making sure family and friends feel welcomed, that health care professionals are kept well-informed, and that you’re keeping your Line Manager up to speed with residents’ needs and progress. A team player, you can follow guidelines and policies easily, and will have good written skills, as you will need to write up care plans.