Nurse Qualified Quality Improvement Manager
Shaw Healthcare are seeking a Nurse Qualified Quality Improvement Manager to cover our services in Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Birmingham area to support our services in their journey to outstanding.
- Develop and execute a regional quality plan in conjunction with the operational teams that will deliver a best in class care offer that is rated as good or outstanding by the CQC/regulatory partners across all services.
- Responsible for relaying the outcomes of inspections, setting requirements and timescales for action plan completion with the Service Managers and operational management team.
- Ensure Quality of Life actions are completed in a timely manner with a focus on improving any areas of concern.
- Coach and Mentor services and their teams.
- Keep up to date with regulatory and sector developments and ensure these are communicated and implemented (where applicable) across each of your services eg Dementia Care.
- Develop a timetable of service visits that is derived from a risk based profile of the region.
- Ensure best practise is shared across the region and the group.
- Perform clinical supervisions for nurses and appropriate staff.
- Support key group projects such as but not limited to overseas nurse placement and the development of the assistant practitioner role.
- A team player. Understands the key to success is how we work and engage with each other in particular the other members of the regional teams and head office.
- To be a great role-model for all employees, being approachable and providing a regular presence and visibility with all levels of employees as well as being consistent in all actions and decisions.
- To set and maintain clear standards of care within the Service in line with Shaw healthcare’s Vision “To provide the quality of care we would want for our loved ones”, policies and procedures.
- To ensure that employee selection processes are applied thoroughly and that all candidates are treated professionally and that successful candidates are ‘on-boarded’ fully and comprehensively
- To develop a culture of continuous quality improvement, using the framework of clinical governance as well as external guidance and best practise.
- Engage with local CQC inspectors and other professional partners to develop and maintain a collaborative and effective relationship that benefits all.
- Build relationships with head office teams including but not limited to the Governance and Compliance to team to ensure sharing of information and best practise.
- Work with recognised bodies and/or sector influencers to bring expertise and knowledge into the region and thus organisation.
- To understand the legal requirements of the prevailing care and other relevant legislation and ensure the Service complies.
- To produce professional business reports that accurately conveys the risks to the business and/or the current state of their portfolio.
- To personally have a full understanding and working knowledge of all Shaw healthcare policies and procedures and ensure that all these policies are applied at all times.
- To ensure that their service(s) complies with all statutory obligations and relevant legislation (e.g. environmental health, health and safety).
- To ensure the security and confidentially of records and information relating to any Service.
- To ensure that all paperwork used is approved by Shaw healthcare and not adapted/varied without following correct protocols.
- To ensure that the culture of quality care delivery is embedded in the Service and facilitated by the entire team.
Please Note: Theses duties are not exhaustive and may be altered at any time to reflect the changing needs of the Company.
The Ideal Candidate
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- NMC registered (or similar) where applicable
- Maintain registration with NMC
- Keep professional training and development up to date
- Adhere to the Shaw healthcare Code of Conduct and those of the NMC
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary