Residential Deputy Manager at Deerswood Care Home
Shaw healthcare are recruiting for a Residential Deputy Manager for our Deerswood Care Home in Crawley to deliver a quality of care and support to our service users in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness'. You will work together with your colleagues to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
Essentials Skills & Duties of a Deputy Manager:
- Play an important part in developing and implementing evidence based individualised care packages, therapeutic interventions, and individualised activity programmes;
- Leading and supervising the support and nursing teams to deliver the highest standards of person centred care using clinical governance and their own personal development;
- You will be familiar in areas concerning sickness management, staff training and development, and coaching and mentoring. You will have an effective way of communicating with your team;
- Be able to communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues, good interpersonal and working relationship skills are essential;
- Have a good understanding of the disabilities, health and social care needs, of service users and assist those who have mobility or continence needs, using the appropriate aids and equipment;
- Provide appropriate levels of care and support to ensure that personal hygiene needs are met, (washing, dressing, bathing, using the toilet);
- It is essential to be Health and Safety aware, to ensure the safety of our services users and colleagues.
About the Company
What benefits will I receive?
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit programme, which includes:
- Full paid induction programme
- Paid annual leave – 28 days per year inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Pension scheme
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities
- Work towards a QCF qualification
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Excellent rates of pay
- Employee assistance program to all contracted staff including face to face counselling
Why Shaw healthcare?
Shaw healthcare provides a high standard of health and social care in services across England, Wales and Scotland. Our high quality care and support services places the individual at the centre of all we do and is based on our core values of wellness, happiness and kindness. We are unique as a major healthcare provider in being 86% owned by employees and 14% owned by The Shaw Foundation, a grant making charity.