Residential Team Leader (Nights) - at Figbury Lodge Care Home
This role is for a night team leader. 20:00 - 08:00 based on a two week rolling rota. We can offer 36 or 42 hour contracts, including alternative weekends.
Shaw healthcare is recruiting for a Residential Team Leader to join our new 80 bedded home with state of the art facilities, which is due to open in May 2019.
Figbury Lodge, in Canford Heath, will be Poole's flagship care home and will provide a mixture of nursing, residential and dementia beds with an additional 20 transitional beds
Our Team Leaders deliver a high quality of care and support to our service users in line with our core values of 'Wellness, Happiness, and Kindness'. We believe that these should be present in all we do, both for employees and those who use our services. Our vision is to provide the quality of care that we would want for our own loved ones.
As a Team Leader you will lead by example, providing support and direction to the team to deliver high quality, person-centred care in a way which promotes the dignity, privacy, safety and independence of people using our Service. Under the Service Manager, you will ensure good practices are developed and maintained, and undertake additional management responsibilities as directed.
Do I need previous experience…?
Experience in a care setting is essential for this role; preferably you will be QCF/NVQ Level 3 or above qualified in Health and Social Care, with experience in administration of medication, including controlled drugs
The Ideal Candidate
The skills you’ll need
- Be able to provide direction, leadership, guidance and support to the team, to ensure residents are assigned to receive person centred care in line with their individual needs.
- Provide/receive accurate handovers from the previous shift and manage staff allocation for all requirements of the day providing residents with day to day personal care to meet their needs in a person centred approach.
- You will ensure residents are given choices in their personal care, and that all care delivered is documented and up to date on the care plans. You will support their well-being through observation and empathy and responding to their needs.
- To ensure all team members have regular supervisions, appraisals and training as necessary, and to work within agreed targets.
- A positive and caring attitude, confident and able to deliver individualised care and support in-line with each of our residents support guidelines.
- Be able to communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues. Good interpersonal and working relationship skills are essential.
- As shift Team Leader it is important that you have the appropriate skills to motivate, encourage and manage other employees.
As the role requires work with vulnerable people and delivering personal care and support, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including references and a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
About the Company
Why Shaw healthcare?
We are one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees who stay with Shaw healthcare. They enable a high level of continuity of care for our service users. Continuing relationships between our employees and service users and their families are fundamental to the quality of the care we provide.
We recognise this in our Employee of the Month programme, local Shining Stars and our famous Annual Star Awards. We also provide an Annual Loyalty Bonus Scheme with a bonus of an additional weeks pay, at the end of a completed year, based on your average pay over the year - and our unique biannual incentive scheme paid to all staff in our services that meet our high quality standards.
What benefits will I receive? Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit programme, which includes:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid annual leave - 20 days per year plus Bank Holidays
- Corporate 4 day induction and mandatory training e.g. moving and handling
- Nest pension scheme
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Free Parking
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Biannual incentive scheme
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities
- Work towards a QCF qualification
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee assistance program to all contracted staff including face to face counselling