Residential Team Leader
Shaw healthcare are currently recruiting for a Team Leader to deliver a quality of care and support to our service users in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness' you will also lead a team of support workers to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our residents are met.
Essential Duties of a Shift Team Leader:
- To provide the Carers with the direction, leadership, guidance and support they need to ensure residents they are assigned to receive person centred care in line with their individual needs.
- Take/Give handover from the previous shift, staff allocation for all requirements of the day, and providing residents with day to day personal care to meet their needs in a person centred approach.
- You will ensure residents are given choices in their personal care, and that all care delivered is documented and up to date on the care plans, and support their well-being through observation and empathy and responding to their needs.
- To ensure all team members have regular supervision, appraisals and training as necessary and to work within agreed targets.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Skills of a Shift Team Leader
- An experienced carer, having worked as a Senior Support Worker/team Leader previously
- A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support in-line with each of our residents support guidelines;
- Be able to communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues, good interpersonal and working relationship skills are essential;
- Preferably you will be QCF/NVQ Level 3 qualified in Health and Social Care with experience in administration of medication, including controlled drugs;
- As shift Team Leader it is important that you have the appropriate skills to motivate, encourage and manage other employees.
About the Company
What benefits will I receive?
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit programme, which includes:
- Full paid induction programme
- Paid annual leave – 30 days per year inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Child care vouchers
- Quarterly incentive scheme
- Pension scheme
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities
- Work towards a QCF qualification
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Excellent rates of pay
- Employee assistance program to all contracted staff including face to face counselling
Why Shaw healthcare?
Shaw healthcare provides a high standard of health and social care in services across England, Wales and Scotland. Our high quality care and support services places the individual at the centre of all we do and is based on our core values of wellness, happiness and kindness. We are unique as a major healthcare provider in being 86% owned by employees and 14% owned by The Shaw Foundation, a grant making charity