Support Worker (Bank/When Required) - Days & Nights at Longlands Specialist Care Centre
Do you enjoy helping others and making a significant difference to someone’s life? If you do, then a support worker career could be for you!
It doesn't matter about your experience, if you want to help people there's a career opportunity for you in Shaw healthcare. What matters are your personal values. We will provide you with the training you need, including Induction, the Care Certificate and ongoing development and progression.
Our Support Workers deliver a high quality of care and support to our service users in line with our core values of 'Wellness, Happiness, and Kindness'. We believe that these should be present in all we do, both for employees and those who use our services. Our vision is to provide the quality of care that we would want for our own loved ones. You will work together with our team to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
Your services as a Bank Support Worker are on an ad hoc and casual basis. This means that while the company will try to give you as much notice as possible when offering work, there is no obligation on the part of the company to provide such work and no obligation for you to accept any work so offered.
The Ideal Candidate
The skills you’ll need
- A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support in line with each of our residents support guidelines.
- Communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues, taking part in social activities and promoting their independence and dignity.
- Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills.
- Good understanding of the disabilities, health and social care needs of our service users and assist those who have mobility or continence needs, using the appropriate aids and equipment.
- Provide appropriate levels of care and support to ensure that personal hygiene needs are met, (washing, dressing, bathing, using the toilet).
- If you are starting or returning to a career in care we will support you with an apprenticeship.
As the role requires work with vulnerable people and delivering personal care and support, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including references and a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
About the Company
Why Shaw healthcare?
We are one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees who stay with Shaw healthcare. They enable a high level of continuity of care for our service users. Continuing relationships between our employees and service users and their families are fundamental to the quality of the care we provide.
What we offer
Shaw healthcare offer comprehensive training via our Learning & Development Department.
What benefits will I receive?
Shaw healthcare have an excellent benefit programme, which includes:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid annual leave accrual
- Paid Induction Training
- Nest pension scheme
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities