Support Worker Fixed term Nights at Springbank
Shaw Healthcare are looking for Support Workers with a positive and caring attitude at our Springbank care service based in Brentry. As an award-winning health care organisation, we can support you wherever you are in your healthcare career.
Position: Support Worker
Hours/shifts: 36hrs a week, 12hr shifts, 20:00-8:00, this includes alternate weekends- Fixed term contract for 12 months to cover maternity leave
Salary (£): 9.41
- Full paid induction programme
- Employee Ownership Trust
- Work towards a QCF qualification and excellent development/promotion opportunities
- Our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours) inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Pension scheme
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee Assistance Programme to all contracted staff including face to face counselling.
Shaw Healthcare is one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees and it is our ethos to put people first by involving our people in key decision-making. We are the only employee ownership trust within the healthcare sector.
This means that Shaw is 51% owned by its staff.
- Providing help with personal care such as washing, bathing and dressing.
- Support at meal times
- Promoting independence where possible
- Emotional support and wellbeing
- Undertake planned activities with residents
- Update daily logs, including food and fluid intake charts
The Ideal Candidate
It doesn't matter about your experience, if you want to help people there's a career opportunity for you in Shaw healthcare. What matters are your personal values. We will provide you with the training you need, including Induction, the Care Certificate and ongoing development and progression.
- Kind, calm and friendly attitude who has good values.
- Good sense of humour and a willingness to help others.
- Aspiration to learn new skills and progress your career.
- A passion to support individuals to lead an active, enjoyable and independent life.