Support Worker - The Granary
Are you the type of person who enjoys helping others and making a difference to someone’s life? If you do, then a support worker career could be for you!
Shaw healthcare are currently recruiting for a Support Worker to deliver a quality of care and support to our service users in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness' to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
We offer free transport to work from Bristol Bus Station and Clevedon
The Granary provides a full spectrum of support, care and treatment for older people with dementia. It is situated in Wraxall, Bristol.
Individual care packages ensure that the care needs of the older person are met and single well appointed private rooms in small family units offer a sense of security and belonging.
What do I need to be like?
- A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support in-line with each of our residents support guidelines;
- Communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues,
- Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills
- Good understanding of the disabilities, health and social care needs of our service users and assist those who have mobility or continence needs, using the appropriate aids and equipment;
- Provide appropriate levels of care and support to ensure that personal hygiene needs are met, (washing, dressing, bathing, using the toilet);
- Health and Safety aware, to ensure the safety of our services users and colleagues.
As the role requires work with vulnerable people and delivering personal care and support, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
The Ideal Candidate
Do I need previous experience…?
We do not ask for any formal qualifications or experience of working in care before, although having previous experience in a similar role would be desirable. You will be at the very heart of our industry, so you are expected to be reliable, dependable and committed to make a difference to our service.
About the Company
What benefits will I receive?
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit programme, which includes:
- Full paid induction programme
- DBS check
- Paid annual leave
- Child care vouchers
- Quarterly incentive scheme
- Pension scheme
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities
- Work towards a QCF qualification
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Excellent rates of pay
- Employee assistance program to all contracted staff including face to face counselling
Why Shaw healthcare?
Shaw healthcare provides a high standard of health and social care in services across England, Wales and Scotland. Our high quality care and support services places the individual at the centre of all we do and is based on our core values of wellness, happiness and kindness. We are unique as a major healthcare provider in being 86% owned by employees and 14% owned by The Shaw Foundation, a grant making charity.