Team Leader - Residential Care at Brushwood in Speke
Can you fly as high as a Liver Bird?
Can you make a positive difference to people living with dementia?
Come and talk to us.
Liverpool City Council and Shaw healthcare are now working in partnership to dramatically improve services for people with dementia. Two new flagship Dementia Care Hubs will provide the best quality and state-of-the art accommodation and care for people living with dementia and others with long term residential and nursing care needs.
Shaw healthcare were chosen for this project because of our high quality nursing and residential care and our focus on developing our people to manage and deliver care. We keep the individual at the centre of all we do in delivering our core values of Wellness, Happiness and Kindness. Together we will provide our high level service and deliver these innovative Community Care Hubs for the people that require a little bit of extra care and support.
We are now recruiting for a Full Time* Team Leader to join our Hub based in Speke and to be a part in delivering this exceptional service – opening September 2019.
*42 hours per week
Our Team Leaders deliver a high quality of care and support to our service users in line with our core values of 'Wellness, Happiness, and Kindness'. We believe that these should be present in all we do, both for employees and those who use our services. Our vision is to provide the quality of care that we would want for our own loved ones.
As a Team Leader you will lead by example, providing support and direction to the team to deliver high quality, person-centred care in a way which promotes the dignity, privacy, safety and independence of people using our Service. Under the Service Manager, you will ensure good practices are developed and maintained, and undertake additional management responsibilities as directed.
Do I need previous experience…?
Experience in a care setting is essential for this role; preferably you will be QCF/NVQ Level 3 or above qualified in Health and Social Care, with experience in administration of medication, including controlled drugs
The Ideal Candidate
The skills you’ll need
- Be able to provide direction, leadership, guidance and support to the team, to ensure residents are assigned to receive person centred care in line with their individual needs.
- Provide/receive accurate handovers from the previous shift and manage staff allocation for all requirements of the day providing residents with day to day personal care to meet their needs in a person centred approach.
- You will ensure residents are given choices in their personal care, and that all care delivered is documented and up to date on the care plans. You will support their well-being through observation and empathy and responding to their needs.
- To ensure all team members have regular supervisions, appraisals and training as necessary, and to work within agreed targets.
- A positive and caring attitude, confident and able to deliver individualised care and support in-line with each of our residents support guidelines.
- Be able to communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues. Good interpersonal and working relationship skills are essential.
- As shift Team Leader it is important that you have the appropriate skills to motivate, encourage and manage other employees.
As the role requires work with vulnerable people and delivering personal care and support, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including references and a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
About the Company
Why Shaw healthcare?
We are one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees who stay with Shaw healthcare. They enable a high level of continuity of care for our service users. Continuing relationships between our employees and service users and their families are fundamental to the quality of the care we provide.
We recognise this in our Employee of the Month programme, local Shining Stars and our famous Annual Star Awards. We also provide an Annual Loyalty Bonus Scheme with a bonus of an additional weeks pay, at the end of a completed year, based on your average pay over the year - and our unique biannual incentive scheme paid to all staff in our services that meet our high quality standards.
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit package, which includes:
- The Annual Loyalty Bonus
- Our Service Incentive Scheme Bonus
- Full paid induction programme
- Work towards a QCF qualification and excellent development/promotion opportunities
- Our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours) inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Pension scheme
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee Assistance Programme to all contracted staff including face to face counselling