Temporary HR Assistant (6 months fixed term)
Shaw Healthcare is currently recruiting for a Temporary HR Assistant to join our team based in St Mellons Cardiff.
The role is Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- To prepare, in consultation with other members of the H.R. Department and relating departments, workable procedures to enable Shaw healthcare general H.R. policies are easily implemented.
- To ensure that all records in relation to the H.R. system are kept up-to-date and are accurate.
- To help identify and implement changes to improve all systems as required.
- To regularly review all outstanding material relating to the legal engagement of all staff within the Organisation.
- To ensure security and confidentiality of employee information at all times.
- To carry out all the administrative functions related to the recruitment of any new staff subject to due authorisation and within agreed procedures : these functions include
- Obtaining job descriptions and job specifications from authorising officers
- Preparing draft advertisements subject to approval of authorising officers and, within authorised budgets, placing advertisements and dealing with all responses including administrating the short listing and interviewing process, obtaining references and securing references as required by the appointing staff.
- To issue offer letters and contracts of employment which give effect to terms and conditions of employment specified by the authorising officer.
- To establish and update manually and on computer, H.R. records including establishing and maintaining easily accessible summaries of principal terms of employment, employment history, history of disciplinary action, sickness leave and absence history, training history.
- To receive and handle courteously and efficiently any telephone enquiry relating to H.R. issues.
- To sit in on, record and, where required and approved, to advise on H.R. matters at initial job interviews.
- To conduct visits (when applicable) to staff in their workplace or at home as required, and to conduct exit interviews when required
- To assist, within guidelines laid down, with the induction/ of staff and conduct of interviews, and when applicable, disciplinary interviews.
- To ensure that relevant Disclosure and Barring checks are undertaken on all staff, and that the H.R. system is updated accordingly and where applicable, annual DBS and Registration checks are carried out relevant to their position.
- To ensure that any staff whose employment and right to work in the UK is subject to Immigration control/ Home Office approval, that the expiry dates on their evidence (Visa’s etc.) is monitored and at all times kept up to date in the HR system.
- To monitor that all staff show original documentation on their right to work in the UK via applicable evidence, and that copies of all original evidence shown is retained on the relevant HR record and any other related HR files.
- To monitor that Health Screening have been offered and when applicable, undertaken for all night workers with the Organisation
- To ensure application forms and job description are photocopied and in stock, and that all relevant filing is kept up to date
- To monitor paperwork is returned, for example: Contracts, 48 Hrs working time directives etc.
- To individually, or with other work colleagues, visit Homes (as and when required) and update Administrators and Home Managers on any new administration procedure.
- To prepare and present Power Point and Manual Presentations, to new and existing Managerial staff, on relevant H.R. procedures.
About the Company
What benefits will I receive?
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit programme, which includes:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid annual leave – 20 days per year pro rata plus Bank Holidays
- Nest pension scheme
- Free Parking
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities